for State Representative
from New Castle/Rye
Re-elect Kate Murray
Highlights from the past two years:
Endorsements are arriving. I have received endorsements from
- New Hampshire Stonewall Democrats
- Humane Society Legislative Fund
In 2020, I supported legislation that:
- Prioritizes the best interests of the child under the child protection act.
- Increases the penalties for buyers under the law regarding trafficking in persons.
- Establishes the use of the secure modern accurate registration act (SMART ACT).
- Establishes an independent redistricting commission.
- Creates a paid family and medical leave insurance program.
- Establishes minimum electric renewable portfolio standards.
- Increases net energy metering limits for customer-generators.
- Establishes greenhouse gas emission reduction goals for the state and establishes a climate action plan.
- Imposes a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.
- Requires a background check for commercial firearms sales.
I opposed legislation that:
- Suppressed women’s access to health care.
- Banned transgender atheletes from participating in school sports programs.
- Funnelled public tax payer funds away from public schools to private schools.
This past 2-year term, I served on the Finance Committee. I was assigned to Division II which constructs the budget for the Department of Education, the Department of Transportation, the Department of Safety, the Police Standards and Training Academy and for Fish and Game. We spend long hours insuring money is spent wisely and in the best interest of Granite Staters.
I continue to work:
- To maintain the unique character of our communities
- To insure the quality of our education, protecting it from measures that would drain away public funds.
- To protect our wetlands and shorelands by maintaining the their integrity and health.
As you press on for justice, be sure to move with dignity and discipline (Martin Luther King, Jr.)